[Orgmode] Re: Announcing org-contacts, a bbdb-like contact manager for O

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Announcing org-contacts, a bbdb-like contact manager for Org
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 21:04:48 +0100

Hi Julien,

John Hendy wrote:
> From skimming the website and org-contacts.el, is the main advantage that it
> can search multiple files as well as integrate with gnus?

This looks very neat. Thanks for sharing.

>From skimming on the available docs, would I be right to state that the only
missing *features set* (vs bbdb) is the *scanning done on the incoming mails*:
detecting a new email address, asking to add it, eventually as the primary
one, detecting the Organization field and storing it, parsing the X-Face and
storing it, etc.?

Would such features be added in the future?  Or do we have to choose for the
simplicity of the new format, eventually losing some minor features?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban