Re: [Orgmode] Re: Problem exporting table with images

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Problem exporting table with images
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 12:21:46 +0100

On 02/09/2011 11:36 AM, Sébastien Vauban wrote:
> Hi Rainer,
>
> Rainer M Krug wrote:
>> Which gives the following error:
>>
>> ####
>> LaTeX Warning: File `./img_1_1.pdf' not found on input line 68.
>>
>> !pdfTeX error: pdflatex (file ./img_1_1.pdf): cannot find image file
>>  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
>> ####
>>
>> So do I have to provide absolute paths to the graphs?
>
> Why prefixing with `.', which is the current directory?  If you correctly set
> the search path for the images (so that it includes the current directory --
> that setting is certainly there by default), it should be OK.
>
> So, I'd try opting out the `./' prefix in front of your links, if that's
> acceptable for you.

Fixed it - the problem was the "." in the filename of the image. If I
use "_" instead, it works. LaTeX seems to split the filemane and the
extension after the *first* "." and tries to identify the image type by
using everything right of the first "." - so it wont work if the file
name is "img.2.3.pdf", but with "img_2_3.pdf" it does.

Pitty - I like the "." in the filenames (and I don't like the "_").

I guess it is a LaTeX question, but is there a way of telling LaTeX to
split after the *last* "." or to specify the image type?

Thanks,

Rainer

> Best regards,
>   Seb