Re: [Orgmode] Problems with source code listings in PDF

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Problems with source code listings in PDF
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 05:47:35 -1000

On Feb 8, 2011, at 4:59 AM, Avdi Grimm wrote:

I'm working on creating a PDF eBook with Org-Mode, and I'm running
into some difficulty getting them to come out looking decent.

I've followed the directions I found in the list archives for
outputting colorized source code listings. I set
org-export-latex-listings to t, and customized
org-export-latex-packages-alist according to the directions in the
org-export-latex-listings docs.

I'm seeing a few problems with the output:

1. There is no color; only bolded keywords
2. Listings are formatted in a not-very-well-rendered font with serifs
that just doesn't look good at all.

Instructions for setting up different fonts can be found here:

Note that some of the fonts clash with the amssymb LaTeX package, which Org-mode loads by default.  You'll want to choose a font that doesn't clash, or configure Org-mode so the amssymb package isn't loaded.

All the best,
Tom

3. In begin_example sections, spaces are replaced with odd little
curved underscores.

I've attached some examples to show what I mean.

I'm running Org-Mode 7.4 on Ubuntu 10.10 with Emacs 23.1.50.1.

Has anyone had any luck formatting source code and example listings in
PDF output? What I'd really like to get is output identical to the
listings exported to HTML.

Thanks!

--
Avdi Grimm