[Orgmode] Re: Fontification of blocks

From: Dan Davison
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Fontification of blocks
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 12:54:36 +0000

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden>
writes:

> Hi Dan,
>
> Dan Davison wrote:
>> Just quickly, one thing I noticed is that the begin/end lines were visible
>> even inside folded trees. I.e., in a folded org file, containing many src
>> blocks, I could see the coloured backgrounds "poking out" of the folded
>> sections, extending to the right of the screen. Do you see that?
>
> Yes, but that's already the current situation today, *when using faces with
> background*. My (future) patch does not change that, and I'm not sure whether
> it should or not. In a way, I find this better: it makes it very clear there
> is a code block folded at that point in the document. Yes, I definitively
> prefer it that way -- if you don't mind.

Hi Seb, hmm, maybe we're talking about different things. I would say
this is a bug. A key part of Org's visual model is that folding hides
content. Imo. I'm not saying I know how to fix it, but that's a separate
issue. Here are three screenshots:

org-overview:

org-content:

show-all:

(Btw, that's with the box face attribute set with your patch. Just
playing with it to see if I like it.)

Dan