[Orgmode] Re: (org-display-inline-images)

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: (org-display-inline-images)
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 09:52:07 +0100

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Bastien,

>> Another nice thing would be a way to reduce the image size, just like
>> thumbnails. Do you think it can be done ?
>
> Not currently -- see the docstring of the create-image function in
> Emacs.  I have vague memory of work beeing done in this area in Emacs,
> but AFAIK this is not yet implemented.

If the imagemagick backend is used for displaying the image in question,
then resizing is possible by providing a :width or/and :height spec.

,----
|    Images loaded with ImageMagick support a few new display
| specifications:
|
| `:width, :height'
|      The `:width' and `:height' keywords are used for scaling the
|      image.  If only one of them is specified, the other one will be
|      calculated so as to preserve the aspect ratio.  If both are
|      specified, aspect ratio may not be preserved.
`----

But that new feature is only present in the current bzr trunk.  You
might want to have a look at the included `doc-view.el', which uses that
facility to zoom images if imagemagick support is present:
`doc-view-enlarge' and `doc-view-shrink'.

The git version of Gnus (and the version included in the emacs bzr
trunk) also use that feature in `shr.el' to render inline images with an
appropriate size in HTML mails.

Bye,
Tassilo