Re: [Orgmode] Easily go to some frequently accessed heading (narrowed to

From: Alan E. Davis
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Easily go to some frequently accessed heading (narrowed to region)
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 06:35:12 +1000

I adapted something from Sacha Chua: a file with links to my most
frequently accessed links.  I too have been seeking some way to make
this automatic, but even as it is, it works great.

I call the file "Pointers.org".

It is just an org-mode file, each headline is a  link.

Then, in my init file (.emacs) is the following:

,----
| (defun pointers ()
|   (interactive)
|   (find-file "~/org/Pointers.org"))
| (define-key global-map "\C-c0" 'pointers)
`----

It's not too hard to install a new link at the top of the file.  I guess
it would also be easy to write a function or use a capture template to
do this.

Alan

"Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting. We allow them to disperse because we've been ignorant of their value."
                                                                                       --- R. Buckminster Fuller

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:52 AM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
Darlan Cavalcante Moreira <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks Eric
>
> I tried org-goto before, but I needed something that I could bind to a

[...]

> A custom agenda view is is good to see the tasks associated with a project
> and I already tag each project as you suggested, but besides the tasks
> there are some subheadings in each project that have only information
> without tasks or schedule/deadline dates. That is what motivated me to
> search for a way to quickly access the project contents and not only its
> tasks.

Okay, let's try a third suggestion (in case it's 3rd time lucky ;-):

3. what about a sparse tree view (org-sparse-tree, C-c /, followed by
  'm' for match on a tag of choice) of your projects file?

But again, this isn't necessarily something you can program, although
maybe you can as org-sparse-tree invokes org-match-sparse-tree which
looks definitely viable as a candidate for programmatic use:

,----
| org-match-sparse-tree is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
| `org.el'.
|
| (org-match-sparse-tree &optional TODO-ONLY MATCH)
|
| Create a sparse tree according to tags string MATCH.
| MATCH can contain positive and negative selection of tags, like
| "+WORK+URGENT-WITHBOSS".
| If optional argument TODO-ONLY is non-nil, only select lines that are
| also TODO lines.
`----

so you could definitely write specific a function to use this, with a
specific match string, followed by a narrow to subtree?

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4.298.g16b40)