Re: [Orgmode] Strange behaviour of produced latex-pdf

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Strange behaviour of produced latex-pdf
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 06:38:56 -1000

On Feb 2, 2011, at 1:30 AM, Martin Weigele wrote:

Dear all, have encountered the following strange behaviour in producing latex- pdf from a standard outline, C-c C-e d . One of many top nodes is seemingly arbitrarily not broken down into subnodes. It works fine, however, when producing html. Emacs 23.1.1; org-7.4 manually installed; ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

The following declarations are used:

#+TITLE: Blah
#+LaTeX_CLASS: book
#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{a5}\usepackage{german}
#+LANGUAGE: DE
#+TEXT: Blah

While most top nodes are broken down like
\chapter{blah}
\section{blah}
etc..

...one chapter is simply not broken down. I have checked the org file with vi, there is no evidence that anything is wrong in the orgfile structure. All go
*chapter
**section
***subsection

etc.

Like others, the unrefined chapter contains only (sub)headlines, no text yet.
Any ideas?

Aloha Martin,

I don't understand what you mean by "not broken down." Could you provide an example of the LaTeX output?

All the best,
Tom