Re: [Orgmode] Hiding/Narrowing dblocks and keywords

From: Leonidas Tsampros
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Hiding/Narrowing dblocks and keywords
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 16:22:54 +0200

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:
> Hi Leonidas,
>
> Leonidas Tsampros <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'm a recent new happy org-mode user. While hacking around and using it
>> for various tasks/todos and schedules, it occured to me that keywords
>> and dynamic blocks take a lot of screen real estate while I do very
>> little editing on them.
>
> You can now use this:
>
>   M-x org-narrow-to-block RET (or C-x n b)
>
> This work for all blocks, being source blocks or dynamic blocks.
>
> (Note that the usual way of editing src block is to use C-c ' .)

I cannot find such a command in my current version of Org-mode (6.21b)
so I'll have to upgrade first and then test. Thanks.

>> Is there a way to have dblocks/keywords hidden/narrowed in a per
>> buffer manner?
>
> I'm not sure I understand the part of your request re keywords,
> though...  can you explicit a bit?
>
> Thanks,

Yes. Let's say I have a buffer like this:

#+LINK: blabla1 http://blablabla/%s
#+LINK: blabla2 http://blablabla2.org/%s
#+LINK: blabla3 http://blablabla3.org/%s
#+TODO: TODO1(t) | DONE1(d)

* test entry1
#+BEGIN clocktable :maxlevel 3 :scope file :link
Clock summary etc etc

<clock table would be here with multiple lines>
#+END:

My question is: Can I hide the keywords defined on the top of the buffer
and the keywords defined for the dynamic block that might be occurring
further in my tree?

Did I clarify my question enough? Or am I misunderstading the way
dblocks/keywords work?

Thanks,
Leonidas