Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-archive-subtree keeping inherited tags

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-archive-subtree keeping inherited tags
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 17:34:07 +0100

> It might be useful to consider making this as part of the normal archiving
> procedure, when archiving to a different file.  Maybe subject to a variable
> - but I do like the idea to be able to look at archived entries with all
> tags in place.  Since in the Archive, entries are usually all siblings,
> there is no useful inheritance. Explicitly copying the tags into each
> archived entry is a good way to go to retain searchability of tags...

I've now implemented this.

You can customize `org-archive-subtree-add-inherited-tags' which
defaults to 'infile so that infile subtree archiving will append
inherited tags to the archived subtree.

If `org-archive-save-context-info' contains the itags symbol,
inherited tags will aslo be added to the ARCHIVE_ITAGS property.

Thanks for this idea!

--
 Bastien