Re: [Orgmode] Status google calendar sync

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Status google calendar sync
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 12:43:03 -0800

Hi

On 01/30/2011 06:09 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> [...]
> : (setq org-icalendar-store-UID t)
>
> in my org customisation which may be necessary to have this feature.  I
> cannot remember how to ensure that each exported entry has an ID
> property, however.  Maybe somebody else can chime in or you might want
> to check the exporting section in the org manual.

Haven't tried using UID for google yet, if an entry has changed in
org-mode and google which version will be used when it encounters two
edited entries with the same UID?
At the moment I'm thinking of just exporting non-google items back into
google (by excluding category google during export), but this way I can
only edit google-entries in google and org-entries in org... so using
UIDs seems a lot better...

> Google will load an ics file from a location on the web periodically so
> you could always export your org as an ics file and tell Google where to
> find it.  The key problem with this is that the file has to be
> publicly accessible although, of course, you can obfuscate the path and
> protect it from web robots to some degree.

One of my problems is that when I upload to google with a .ics file it
seems that I can only import into a secondary calendar and not my main
one, so if other people look at my calendar they would miss all the
org-mode entries... anyone solved this issue?
Using googlecl on the other hand allows me to edit my main calendar
directly, but then I don't know how to edit them...

cheers
        ARUN