[Orgmode] Re: [ANN] Changes to lists

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [ANN] Changes to lists
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 22:28:32 +0100

> Lists in drawers (or blocks, or inline tasks) are, now, completely
> unrelated to outer parts of the buffer. Even though you make it look
> like the list in the drawer is in continuity of the other one, it is
> not the case. As a corollary, boxes in such a list cannot be seen by a
> cookie living outside the structure they share.

Fair enough.  Since this behaves different than the former
implementation it should be documented as a user-visible change.  So far
I've been using the drawers only to prevent fully completed checklists
from cluttering the display.  This is maybe a somewhat odd use for a
drawer, but the reason for using this was that the VISIBILITY property
wasn't evaluated for lists.  I'll have to think of maybe doing a feature
request towards this end.

Two more things I've stumbled over.

1) If you open a new list after another list, M-RET will not produce a
new list item, but yet another new list:

- list 1
- entry
- more entries

- list 2 <-- M-RET

- <-- is produced by M-RET

2) Last but not least: sublist folding (visibility cycling) has stopped
working.  I can unfold an entry folded by an earlier version of
org-mode, but trying to fold the sublist again I'll only get "EMPTY
ENTRY" in the mode line (but no error beep or something like that).

Regards,
Achim.

DIY Stuff:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/DIY.html