[Orgmode] Re: Notes reviews with sparse trees

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Notes reviews with sparse trees
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 13:32:28 -0500

Giorgio Valoti <address@hidden> writes:

> since I started using Org I collected a bunch of notes in a journal
> file and I’d like to review them on a regular schedule. Ideally, I’d
> like to mark a given entry with a review timestamp so I can skip it
> the next I review the journal file and then use a sparse tree to see
> only the notes that I haven’t reviewed in a while.
>
> The problem is that I can’t get a sparse tree using these timestamps
> because it works only with deadlines and schedules. Does anybody know
> how to work around this limitation, short of using a regexp?

You can use tags/property matches for this.

For all inactive timestamps more than two weeks in the past:

C-c / m TIMESTAMP_IA<"<-2w>"

The same for all active timestamps:

C-c / m TIMESTAMP<"<-2w>"

For inactive timestamps, more than one week old and less than two weeks
old:

C-c / m TIMESTAMP_IA<"<-1w>"+TIMESTAMP_IA>"<-2w>"

For today's timestamps:

C-c / m TIMESTAMP="<today>"

And so on...

Please see the following for more details:

(info "(org) Matching tags and properties")
(info "(org) Special properties")

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/advanced-searching.html#special-properties

Best,
Matt