[Orgmode] Re: [babel] Painless integration of source blocks with languag

From: Dan Davison
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] Painless integration of source blocks with language
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 11:56:01 +0000

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> "Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>>> management issue: I find it difficult (a) to remember what all my source
>>> code snippets are called and (b) to navigate to any given snippet.  I
>>> would love to see a babel table of contents popup (a la the table of
>>> contents popup with reftex implements for latex files).  Is something
>>> like this already available?  If not, how difficult would it be to
>>> implement (I'm happy to try given a pointer in the right
>>> direction(s)...).
>>>

>> There was some talk of merging imenu with Babel which would provide the
>> functionality you describe, I don't believe this ever resulting in
>> working code however.  There are a couple of options...
>>
>> If you know the name of the code block you want to find you can use
>> `org-babel-goto-named-src-block' (bound to C-c C-v g) to jump to a named
>> code block (∃ a similar function for finding named results).

Would anyone object if I change that function slightly so that it
doesn't strip text properties, so that the search hits come up in the
minibuffer with the in-context fontification?

>> This function provides completion on the block names, the function
>> `org-babel-src-block-names' returns a list of all named blocks in the
>> current buffer, so it could be used to built up such a table.  In fact
>> the following code block will insert a table of such names in the
>> current buffer.  Note: you will need to pull the latest as I had to fix
>> a small bug in `org-babel-src-block-names'.
>>
>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp :results list
>>   (mapcar #'list (reverse (org-babel-src-block-names)))
>> #+end_src

As a different approach, `occur' is good for doing this (results listed
in a separate buffer with jump-back links). The function below can be
extended in the obvious way.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun dan/find-in-buffer ()
  (interactive)
  (let ((targets
         `(("<named src blocks>" . ,org-babel-src-name-regexp)
           ("<src block results>" . ,org-babel-result-regexp))))
    (occur
     (cdr
      (assoc
       (ido-completing-read "Find: " (mapcar #'car targets))
       targets)))
    (other-window 1)))
#+end_src

Dan