[Orgmode] Make file:... directory links open dired by default

From: Leo Alekseyev
Subject: [Orgmode] Make file:... directory links open dired by default
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 23:38:00 -0500

I am working under Windows, and by default links like file:~/path...
open in Explorer.  I can manually change the link to
file+emacs:~/path... and then it opens in dired -- but is there a way
to change the default behavior so that when I press C-c C-l to store
the directory links as file+emacs to begin with?..  Alternatively, is
there a way to make file: links behave like file+emacs? (I'm not sure
if this is a good idea since it might impact things other than
directories).
--Leo