Re: [Orgmode] [BUG/PATCH] Set fill-indent-according-to-mode to nil in Or

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [BUG/PATCH] Set fill-indent-according-to-mode to nil in Org buffers
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 14:34:47 +0100

Hello,

> This is defeated by the indentation code, which does not recognise
> sublists correctly and gets the indentation wrong.

Would you mind elaborating? I fail to see where the indentation code
has some problem recognizing lists.

> By setting `fill-indent-according-to-mode' to nil, we tell Emacs'
> filling code to pay attention to `adaptive-fill-prefix' rather than
> using `indent-line-function'.

Not using `org-indent-line-function' sounds like a very bad idea to
me. Before ignoring this function, perhaps we could try to see what is
wrong with it.

> This is not a perfect solution, since refilling a list entry still
> does not work correctly unless the entire item is on a single line.

Huh? Again, could you provide an example, please?

> --- The filling code is a maze of twisty passages all alike, so I
> don't really understand what's going on. The problem is demonstrated
> with auto-fill-mode on when typing sublist entries that wrap over
> more than a single line

> #+begin_src org
> * Header - List
> + Sublist entry with lots and lots and lots and lots of text is
>    wrapped
> like this
> #+end_src org

>  And "like this" is incorrectly considered to be be part of the
> "List" entry, rather than the "Sublist" entry.

If "like this" is like this (!), then it _isn't_ part of the list. So
it is correctly considered outside of the list. Or am I missing the
point?

Regards,

-- Nicolas