[Orgmode] Re: Basic organization question

From: Tommy Kelly
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Basic organization question
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 11:54:01 -0600

Bernt,

Still digging into this. You said:

> TAGS are much more flexible for controlling what you see on
> the agenda and I use tags for filtering what is displayed on the agenda.

Am I right though that from the point of view of clocking tasks, you
rely not on TAGS but on having each task live inside the appropriate
file/heading/sub-heading/sub-sub-heading and so on?

Or do you have some jiggery pokery to let clocking and clock tables be
sensitive to TAGs?

Overall it looks like you use file-and-level-of-subheading to categorize things
according to general area (clientX, clientY, or accounting, research,
and so on), and then you use TAGs in addition to orthogonally categorize
things according to some aspect of your workflow (it's a phone call, it
has GTD context @wibble, it needs refiled, and so on). Is that remotely
accurate?

thanks,
Tommy