Re: [Orgmode] Org-beamer problems

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-beamer problems
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 16:36:04 +0000

Bill Moran <address@hidden> writes:

> I've been trying to follow the various tutorials on the web
> to do beamer in org-mode. I've used beamer, latex and emacs
> for many years but am finding that none of the examples on
> the web work totally s intended in my attempts to use
> org-mode with beamer.
>
> I have copied verbatim several examples such as from here:
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer/tutorial.html#sec-4_1
>
> When I run  them I get the following problems - plus others
> I will go into later if necessary:
>
> 1. The title page does not have a title - just the date.
> When I check the latex file created from the org file I
> notice that a \maketitle command occurs outside a frame environment
> - whereas in beamer I normally use \titlepage inside a frame
> environment to create the titlepage.

My immediate response would be to ask why you aren't using \maketitle
given that the command is beamer-aware?  That is, \maketitle will create
a title page whose format is defined by the beamer theme you have
selected.  Otherwise, you could always customise
=org-export-latex-title-command= to nothing and use direct latex code to
do what you want:

#+begin_latex
\begin{frame} \titlepage \end{frame}
#+end_latex

I've not tried this.

> 2. \alert command does not work - even with the additions to .emacs
> suggested here:
>  http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg21507.html
> (And there are no errors in running the .emacs file)
> Always the @ symbol appears in the latex created from org as @.

Can you tell us exactly what you have done to customise the relevant
variables and where you have done these customisations?  Difficult to
help without this information unfortunately.  While we're at it, org and
emacs version information is also helpful.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4.221.g4007c)