Re: [Orgmode] Blogging from org-mode

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Blogging from org-mode
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 20:46:45 -0700

OK, weblogger seems like it might be worth trying to integrate (not
that the Atom idea is bad -- that also is interesting).

A little disturbing about this
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/emacsweblogs/2010-03/msg00044.html
but I am conservative about bugs.

On 2011-01-17, Erik Iverson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 01/17/2011 03:02 PM, Samuel Wales wrote:
>> On 2011-01-17, Erik Iverson<address@hidden>  wrote:
>>> I also simply use weblogger.el
>>> (http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/WebloggerMode)
>>
>> I made the mistake of trying this, thinking it had no dependencies
>> other than the other .el file so would be easier.  It looks
>> potentially useful.
>>
>> I looked at 2 versions of this, and both had the same version number,
>> but the code was different.  That's a slightly bad sign.
>>
>>    http://launchpadlibrarian.net/40758914/weblogger.el
>>
>> http://windows-config.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/.emacs_d/weblogger/weblogger.el
>>
>> Also, there is a compiler warning for obsolete variable, so the code
>> might be old?
>>
>> Finally, I couldn't figure out the basics.  Just to confirm, this
>> takes HTML and posts it?  It does not make this clear.
>
> Yes, you can set up a blog by first doing:
>
>      M-x weblogger-setup-weblog RET
>
> But there were some quirks when I tried this with Drupal 6. I think I had to
> have at least one post already in the blog before it worked. But after that,
> was able to weblogger with the function defined in the link below to post to
> Drupal.
>

>>> combined with a really easy function defined at
>>> http://www.randomsample.de/dru5/node/77 to post to blogs including
>>> Drupal.
>>
>> What does your really easy function do that weblogger.el does not do?
>
> Weblogger just sends the HTML to the blog, and lets you edit existing
> entries.
> It does not produce the actual HTML.
>
> The function from randomsample.de exports an Org-mode buffer to HTML and
> "massages" the HTML output to be of a form that blogs like. I.e., gets rid
> of
> the headers.  Weblogger has nothing to do with org-mode per se, it just lets
> you
> post content to blogs that support XMLRPC.
>
> That's about as far as my knowledge goes, so I hope it helps. This method
> isn't
> completely clean, but it did work for me with Drupal 6 (but haven't gotten
> it to
> work yet in Drupal 7...)
>
> As usual, there's more than a few ways to do things, so the more options the
> better in my opinion.

I support WPI: http://www.wpinstitute.org/xmrv/index.html -- PLEASE DONATE
===
I want to see the original (pre-hold) Lo et al. 2010 NIH/FDA/Harvard MLV paper.