Re: [Orgmode] Blogging from org-mode

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Blogging from org-mode
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 12:39:48 -0700

On 2011-01-16, Tom Breton (Tehom) <address@hidden> wrote:
> Feel free to play with org2blog/atom, and there's a "mob" user on the repo
> if you feel like contributing.

Sounds great.  However. I am not likely to be able to do much with it,
such as tweaking it.  I don't know if it will work with 22.[1]

IMO ideally, we would have one tool that does everything your solution
does and everything mine does (on my list, such as subtrees, except
perhaps curl and xsltproc), and have it in contrib.  I guess g-client
would go there too by analogy with htmlize.

Then again, I suppose my solution only needs an API call if the
dependencies work.

> Please let me know if you have any trouble obtaining the g-client version
> that supports this.

Cannot go searching and testing now.[1]  But I like the idea of using
Atom very much and I hope your project gets some interest.

Samuel

[1] I would have to try it, which I can almost never do because all
computer use is physically painful.  Most people wouldn't notice the
difference but I find from experience that debugging, backporting,
testing, and installing are even more of a problem than email,
requiring more repetition than predicted and often being fruitless
despite being physically painful .  This is one reason why most of my
contributions to org are ideas not code.  I am very fortunate that
they often get implemented -- I think it's a sign of a really healthy
open source community that I can still contribute with ideas without
having to code.

I support WPI: http://www.wpinstitute.org/xmrv/index.html -- PLEASE DONATE
===
I want to see the original (pre-hold) Lo et al. 2010 NIH/FDA/Harvard MLV paper.