Re: [Orgmode] How to write special LaTeX symbols

From: Xin Shi
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] How to write special LaTeX symbols
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 22:03:11 -0500

Hello all,

Thanks for your response!

I can go with the UTF-8 method. The only problem for me now is I don't know how to input the ö from Emacs.

I've tried the C-x 8 RET, but don't know the name or hex. Any suggestions?

Xin

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 8:54 AM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Alternatively, you can use UTF-8 in your org file and write Schr=C3=B6dinger
>> explicitly.  This will survive the LaTeX export intact and the
>> \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} in the LaTeX file will do the right thing
>> with it.[fn:2]
>>
>> [fn:2] I'm not sure whether it will survive the email trip
>> though. Here's hoping that it will.
>>

> Well, it didn't survive the email trip: I messed up the encoding I
> guess, but I can't fight with email right now. Sorry about that.
> I'm attaching my test file: I hope that will survive.

Well, actually, that's strange as it did survive the email trip as far
as I can see!  Schrödinger came out just fine when I viewed your
original email.  Are you sure it's not a problem with your email viewer?

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4.199.g8be1.dirty)