Re: [Orgmode] Export issue of URL when the text begins with a date‏

From: David Maus
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Export issue of URL when the text begins with a date‏
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 07:40:35 +0100

At Fri, 14 Jan 2011 22:12:07 +0100,
Vincent Belaïche wrote:
> Thank-you David again for carrying out this correction. By the way, I
> noticed in the source tree that has a test base, that there is some
> testing sub-directory. I was expecting that there would be a list of
>
> testNN.org
> testNN.tex
> testNN.html
>
> etc...
>
> so that to check that to carry out non regression tests from testNN.org
> exported to reference testNN.tex and testNN.html.
>
> It seems that such a non-regression test base and script do not
> exist. However that would be good to have in order to check that any
> correction does not break anything.

That's exactly what the testing framework[1] could and should do.
I've just not figured out how to best write tests for entire export
operations.  Thinking of it: We could create an input file dedicated
to test link exporting, put in different kinds of links, export and
then use regexps to check if the links have been exported fine.

Best,
  -- David

[1] Introduced Oct 2010, http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/31307
--