Re: [Orgmode] Feature request: another Org file for anniversary entries

From: Juraj Kubelka
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Feature request: another Org file for anniversary entries
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 16:45:08 +0100

Hi Gionanni,

As I understand code in org-agenda-add-entry-to-org-agenda-diary-file function, it search for "* Anniversaries" string in org-agenda-diary-file file. It is the same file, where other events ("i d" (day), "i b" (block)) are inserted. But I would like to paste anniversaries to another org mode file. The reason is, org-agenda-diary-file org file is exported to iCalendar format and published to my mobile device. Here, I do not want to have these anniversaries. I want to export anniversaries to another iCalendar file, which is not published to my mobile device, but is imported by another tools.

So, my patch introduces a new custom variable org-agenda-anniversary-entry, which enables this feature. So, my regular diary events are stored in main.org file and anniversaries in anniversary.org file.

Is it clear right now? Because it does not seem to me, your suggestion solves me problem.

Regards,
Juraj

PS: Sorry, the first patch is missing a peace of code, the second one should be right and complete.

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 4:17 PM, Giovanni Ridolfi <address@hidden> wrote:
Juraj Kubelka <address@hidden> writes:

Hi, Juraj,

> I would like to add anniversary entries to another Org file then other
> diaries. Would it be possible?

Isn't the following "code" in an org-file (in the agenda-list) enough?

** Birthdays & anniversaries
:PROPERTIES:
:CATEGORY: Ann
:END:
                   month day [1]
%%(diary-anniversary  01 11 1956) John's Birthday  (%d yo)

If not, would you, please, elaborate?

cheers,
Giovanni
[1] you can also use day month syntax ;-)