[Orgmode] Babel: replace inline block with evaluation result?

From: Paul Sexton
Subject: [Orgmode] Babel: replace inline block with evaluation result?
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 19:50:24 +0000 (UTC)

I have an org-mode document that uses a lot of R code (via babel). I have found
that using inline code blocks, ie src_R{...}, within org tables works
"erratically", often either causing emacs to hang during latex export, or
producing a table where random cells containing 'nil' instead of the result I
get when I manually evaluate the inline code block via C-c C-c.

I am therefore in the process of converting many of these tables back to 'plain'
org, ie replacing the inline code blocks with their results.

My question is: is there any way to automate this? Ideally I would like to press
a key with the cursor on an inline block, and have the block replaced with its
eval result, rather than have the result appear in the minibuffer.

Paul