Re: [Orgmode] org-agenda-show-current-time-in-grid and automatic refresh

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-agenda-show-current-time-in-grid and automatic refresh
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 07:36:09 +0100

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 05:56, Kiwon Um <address@hidden> wrote:
> ;; refresh agenda view regurally
> (defun kiwon/org-agenda-redo-in-other-window ()
>  "Call org-agenda-redo function even in the non-agenda buffer."
>  (interactive)
>  (let ((agenda-window (get-buffer-window org-agenda-buffer-name t)))
>    (when agenda-window
>      (with-selected-window agenda-window (org-agenda-redo)))))
> (run-at-time nil 300 'kiwon/org-agenda-redo-in-other-window)

I must admit that I would like and use a less simple solution where
only the line with the current time would be updated and if necessary
also moved within the time grid once every minute. I would like it
even additionally to the clock on the OS desktop because the agenda
view current time does not only show the current time itself but also
the current time position within the time grid.

For me it would not be desirable to update also all other agenda view
contents like above without request from the user with `g'. On one
side because it can collide badly with the user while manipulating (e.
g. shift-right several times on an entry) or only moving in the agenda
view and on one side because an overall update can take an
unpredictably large amount of CPU time for a larger set of larger
agenda files.

Michael