[Orgmode] Re: org-babel, R, and org-babel-open-src-block-result

From: Leo Alekseyev
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-babel, R, and org-babel-open-src-block-result
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 16:54:21 +0000 (UTC)

Erik Iverson <eriki <at> ccbr.umn.edu> writes:

> On 01/11/2011 04:22 AM, Leo Alekseyev wrote:
> > I recently started using org-babel with R, and so far I think it's
> > pretty great!  I'm still getting accustomed to org-babel workflow and
> > am playing with available options.  I have a couple of questions:
> >
> > I noticed that C-c C-o (org-babel-open-src-block-result) always gives
> > me an empty *Org-Babel Results* buffer, even if there's output printed
> > to #+results section.  Is this a bug?  Am I doing something wrong?
> >
> > On a similar note, is there an option for the #+ results session to be
> > completely suppressed?..  I can see situations where I might simply
> > want to send the code to the inferior process and examine the results
> > there using :results output :session, or perhaps I'm running the code
> > just for the side effects.  It would be nice if I could say e.g.
> > :results none.
>
>  From the manual:
>
> The following results options indicate what happens with the results once
> they
> are collected.
>
>      * silent
> The results will be echoed in the minibuffer but will not be inserted into
> the
> Org-mode buffer. E.g., :results output silent.

Thanks Erik.  It would be nice if section 14.9 of the Org manual could
reference
14.8.2.  In general, it would be nice if the org HTML documents could support
the same outline folding cycling behavior that you see in Emacs buffers,
otherwise it's difficult to see the surrounding context.

I'd still like to know what (org-babel-open-src-block-result) is supposed to
do...  Haven't found that in the manual.