Re: [Orgmode] Re: org fontifies outside of src blocks

From: Jeff Horn
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: org fontifies outside of src blocks
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 23:35:53 -0500

> On Jan 10, 2011, at 3:06 AM, Dan Davison wrote:
>> Hi Jeff, so you had two problems:
>>
>> 1. Erroneous fontification outside of blocks
>> 2. Slowness and too much output to *Messages*
>>
>> I was aware that Tom's fix fixes (2) on OS X, but I haven't heard of (1)
>> before. Isn't it a bit weird that the same fix should fix (1)?
>>
>> Dan

Yes, it is weird. As I said, I continued to get the same verbatim
messages in my buffer while in terminal emacs, which I've installed
from source. Hard to believe OSX did something funky to terminal
emacs, but it is possible.

However, I can confirm that org/emacs is fontifying everything
correctly in the buffer when I type between src blocks. For instance,
typing "("")" in a source block gets it indented and makes the quote
fontified. Outside source blocks, it is apparently rendered as
plaintext.

--
Jeffrey Horn
http://www.failuretorefrain.com/jeff/