[Orgmode] Help with migrating blog to org-mode format

From: Myriam Abramson
Subject: [Orgmode] Help with migrating blog to org-mode format
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 17:53:19 -0500

Hello,

After Google dropped the ftp option to blogger, I dumped my blog to an
xml file with the hope of ressucitate it to a more friendly
environment for me. I've found this environment with a combination of
org-mode, blorg, and ... dropbox. Dropbox just provides me a link to
publish my blog wherever I want to. Blorg isn't being maintained I
believe and it has lots of error but it works in converting org-mode
to blog formatting for now and I can work on it later.

Each topic in a blog is a TODO task and the date is inserted when the
task is DONE. I'm planning to read from my xml blog and write topics
simply as "* DONE mytopic ... " but how can I get the publication date
in org to get "CLOSED: <date>" on the next line?

The xml of my blog is something like that:

<title type='text'> my title</title>
<content type='html'> my content</content>
<published>2003-10-22T18:27:00.000-04:00</published>

TIA,

myriam

>From the cat's little instruction handbook:

Treat yourself to a nap in the sock drawer once in awhile.