[Orgmode] Re: [babel] R: New handling of file output

From: Dan Davison
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] R: New handling of file output
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 17:14:14 +0000

"Thomas S. Dye" <address@hidden> writes:

> Aloha all,
>
> Here is an example of the new handling of file output with an R source
> code block that doesn't use "base" graphics:
>
> #+srcname: r-edge-angle-histogram
> #+begin_src R :results output graphics :var x=whole-adzes :file r/
> adze_edge_angle.png :width 400 :height 300
>    library(ggplot2)
>    adze.edge.angle <- ggplot(x, aes(edge_angle))
>    adze.edge.angle + geom_histogram(aes(y=..density..)) +
>    geom_density(weight=2) + xlab("Measured cutting edge angle
> (degrees)")
> #+end_src

I was initially a bit baffled by this example. If anyone else is curious
as to why, when graphics are generated by ggplot2, :results output is
required in addition to :results graphics, please see Erik Iverson's
original post on producing grid-based (e.g. lattice, ggplot2) R graphics
with org-babel (bearing in mind of course that the header arg syntax has
changed as per this thread).

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/26082

Dan