Re: [Orgmode] :cache documentation patch

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] :cache documentation patch
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 08:32:50 -1000

Hi Eric,

Will do. The earlier patch was made with magit. I used the d command, Diff working tree, then saved the output to the file I sent.

If I understand correctly, the missing step was the commit. I should be able to follow a commit with the D command in magit, starting at HEAD~1 and ending with HEAD. Then save the resulting buffer to foo.patch, right?

Or, is it better to do this outside magit so the results don't pass through an emacs buffer on their way to disk?

All the best,
Tom