Re: [Orgmode] export comments in LaTeX ?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] export comments in LaTeX ?
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 11:44:39 +0100

e20100633 <address@hidden> writes:

> I found in the manual that commented lines will *not* be exported.
>
> But I'd like to know if there's a hook around allowing to export
> comments from org-mode to LaTeX (I mean, comments will appear in the
> dvi/pdf in some way).

On top of other solutions already mentioned, see also this hook:

,----[ org-export-preprocess-hook ]
| Hook for preprocessing an export buffer.
| Pretty much the first thing when exporting is running this hook.
| Point will be in a temporary buffer that contains a copy of
| the original buffer, or of the section that is being export.
| All the other hooks in the org-export-preprocess... category
| also work in that temporary buffer, already modified by various
| stages of the processing.
`----

You can set this hook to a function that toggles the COMMENT keyword or
the :noexport: tag, or convert inline comments (#) to #+begin_example
sections.

The hook operates on a temporary buffer so it's safe for your org file.

HTH,

--
 Bastien