[Orgmode] Re: Question on "Document creation workflow"

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Question on "Document creation workflow"
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 02:13:37 +0530

Erwin Panen <address@hidden> writes:

> Happy New Year to all listreaders & users!!
>
> I'm debating a possible workflow, here's the idea:
>
> Would the following be conceivable?
> - I'd like to prepare a legal (or comparable, just an example) dossier
> / document
> - document would contain links to other documents, even snippets from
> such document (use bib reference on self made document?)
> - Document needs to be exported to:
>   - doc format
>   - pdf format
>   - html format (ready to be publicezed on web server)
>   - preferabley links need to remain intact & functioning
>
> Is this conceivable at all?
> Is anyone doing something similar? Example or pointers to example?
> What would be the best approach to treating linked files? (even
> considering using git)
> knowing that you'd be working on multiple PC's even multiple OS'es?
> I'm mainly worried of the relative position of the linked files..
>
> Thanks for your precious input!

Org is mature enough to handle your requirements. Specifically look at
export and publishing modules. You can use git for syncing documents
between different PCs.

If you are interested in linking to documents that are *not* generated
by Org then Org's attachment function could be of some help to you.

Hope this helps.
Jambunathan K.