[Orgmode] Convert iCalendar files to org files

From: Michael Markert
Subject: [Orgmode] Convert iCalendar files to org files
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 14:21:44 +0100

Hi,

i created `ical2org'[1] to convert iCalendar files to org files in elisp.

It does:
* Traverse the iCalendar using `icalendar.el' and constructs a struct
  for each event
* Format each struct via a (userdefined) formatstring
* Convert times to orgmode timestrings (limitations below)

It does not (at the moment):
* Fully translate VEVENTs to org mode entries and only captures a few
  (sensible) attributes
* Convert iCalendar recurrences to org recurrences[2]
* Use "Duration" to determine endtime
* (I'm quite sure there's more, it's very young)

I'm aware of Doug Hellmann's `ical2org', but for the functionality it
didn't fulfill my needs and for the name, well I didn't come to a better
one yet, suggestions are welcome.

The same holds for the code, patches or ideas to fix the shortcomings
are highly appreciated.

Michael

Footnotes:
[1] https://github.com/cofi/ical2org
[2] And I'm quite sure it can't be done because orgmode has no concept
of a recurrence end like iCalendar does.