[Orgmode] Re: Update? Org-mode and ELPA

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Update? Org-mode and ELPA
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 15:29:07 +0530

Hello Jeff

> Jambunathan,
>
> Will the org-mode ELPA tar-ball be updated on a regular basis? The
> package in the GNU ELPA repo is from November. I do not recall whether
> this is the original upload you made.

I noticed this as well. Bastien would have more information on the
'brokenness' you are reporting.

Meanwhile, did you experiment with tars at
http://orgmode.org/pkg/daily/? These tars are getting built
regularly. At this moment installation is a two step process - you have
to manually download the tar and install it with M-x package-upload-file
[1].

Once my patch - http://hg.newartisans.com/patch/377/ - gets checked in
and worg server is updated, one will be able to install org tarballs
with a single step.

I hope you were able to install org-20101120.tar (the 'latest' on
elpa.gnu.org) without any issues.

[1] Refer Worg FAQ
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#installing-from-elpa-tarball.

Jambunathan K.