[Orgmode] org-add-link-type

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: [Orgmode] org-add-link-type
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 14:29:23 -1000

Aloha all,

Sorry in advance for coming to the list with a beginner type question, but I'm stumped.

I'm trying to use the extended link syntax to export citations to LaTeX. If the link lacks a description, then I don't want the \citep command to have an optional argument. As I understand the documentation, if the description is absent, then the variable desc is nil, so the following looks good to my untrained eye. But, it doesn't add the optional argument when the description is present.

  (org-add-link-type
   "citep" 'ebib
   (lambda (path desc format)
     (cond