[Orgmode] [org-beamer] Help: Questions about overlay, background image,

From: Sunny Srivastava
Subject: [Orgmode] [org-beamer] Help: Questions about overlay, background image, spacing between bullet points, and footnote
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 01:48:17 -0500

Hello Org-moders:

I was trying to use org-mode to make a beamer presentation. The tutorial on Worg by Eric Fraga helped a lot (thank you Eric). However, I am stuck with a few questions. Some of them are because of me being picky (apologies in advance for that). To make my questions clearer here is a reproducible example

* Laws of Nature

** Newton's law
   :PROPERTIES:
   :BEAMER_envargs: [<+->]
   :END:

*** First law of motion
    Constant motion[fn:1]

*** Second law of motion
    Equal and opposite force[fn:2]

** Einstein's Law
   :PROPERTIES:
   :BEAMER_envargs: [<+->]
   :END:

*** First law
    Light is the fastest[fn:3]

*** Second law
    Length can shrink

* Footnotes
[fn:1] f1
[fn:2] f2
[fn:3] f3

1. Overlay :: I googled and found this (http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg29607.html), which was helpful. However, lets say I want to have this to work for the entire presentation how should I do this? In my example, BEAMER_envargs [<+->] appears in Newton's and Einstein's laws, respectively. Is there a way to do this once so that both the frames inherit it? I tried to put the :PROPERTIES: drawer below =* Laws of nature= and it didn't work

2. Footnote :: Presently, footnotes f1 and f2 appear together and I want to appear them in order of appearance of the bullet points. On a side note, one of the users of org-mode and a member of this list, Mr. Bernd Weiss, came up with this nice idea, called "\infobox{}" (which I copied from his org-beamer presentation). It is a piece of LaTeX code which makes the footer appear in a fancy way.

\newcommand{\infobox}[1]{
  \vfill\vfill\hrule
  \begin{columns}[t]
    \begin{column}{0.02\textwidth}
      \Info
    \end{column}
    \begin{column}[T]{0.97\textwidth}
      \tiny{#1}
    \end{column}
\end{columns}}

For this case, the footers will be

\infobox{ f1\\ f2} ## Note this is not exactly similar to C-c C-x f as there is no marking on the main slide, but looks beautiful (to me).

If some one can help me in working \infobox{} and [fns], that would be pure awesomeness.

3. Spacing between bullet points :: Currently I am using \vspace15pt to increase the space between bullet points in a frame. This is a LaTeX-y way of handling things, but I was wondering if there an org-mode way of doing it?

4. Background Image for a slide :: I wanted to insert (different) background images on different slides and I was trying to use something like:

\usebackgroundtemplate{\includegraphics[width=\paperwidth]{../images/crayons.png}}

But, this did not work for me. Is there a way of doing this? I also tried Eric's example of inserting images but failed again. He says "I have added an attribute to the image to tell LaTeX to scale the image to the full width of the column." I think my problem is related to this as I don't know which attribute is this (I am just guessing here, it is very possible I didn't understand him!!).

Any help or pointers  are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your attention.

Misc. details: Org-mode version 7.3 (release_7.3.196.g13637), GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)