Re: [Orgmode] Re: Worg

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Worg
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 15:08:56 +0100

Hi Sebastian,

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:

> If helpful for the future, could you tell us what it was?

Yes - here is the commit message:

  http://repo.or.cz/w/Worg.git/commit/c7d7f1e84cf2543315f8a6e48c950167201cdaff

A #+begin_src was inside a #+begin_quote construct, which seems to
confuse the HTML exporter (as expected).

This was in org-issues.org, the most daunting file to export, not only
because it's the biggest file in Worg but also because it quotes many
examples from emails.

> Do we have to avoid certain constructs in the Org files to avoid the
> bug to come back?

Yes, When quoting examples (in org-issues.org or elsewhere), we need to
be careful about not including syntactic elements at the wrong place.

Also, exporting Worg is made using the last Org release, not the latest
Org version from git: so anything that is exportable with bleeding-edge
Org is not always exportable with the Org version on the server.

Here is how I tracked down the problem if it helps :

- I tried to export locally with latest Org (from git) to see where
  the export process stops: I found org-issues.org was the culprit

- I took a quick look at org-issues.org be couldn't spot the problem

- I then tried to export by first commenting out the 1st-level trees in
  org-issues.org except one: reiterated this till I found the ill-formed
  tree.

- Then focus on this tree to find the problem.

Quick long and a bit too manual - but effective.

I added a section about this in worg-maintainance.org:

  http://orgmode.org/worg/worg-maintainance.php

(Should appear in online Worg soon.)

> Thanks and happy (holi)days to you all!

Thanks!  Happy Xmas to everyone :)