[Orgmode] Re: How to export the ampersand (&) symbol correctly for both

From: Kyeong Soo (Joseph) Kim
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: How to export the ampersand (&) symbol correctly for both LaTeX and HTML documents?
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 21:39:57 +0000

I will try to upgrade and test it soon.
Many thank.

By the way, I wonder whether you have tested it with LaTeX export or not.
The HTML export works perfectly in my case, too, but LaTeX export does not as said.

Regards,
Joseph

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 5:35 PM, Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:
"Kyeong Soo (Joseph) Kim" <address@hidden> writes:

> This may be a FAQ, but I couldn't find it mentioned either in the Manual or in the mailing list.
>
> To use the ampersand symbol ('&') in HTML export, I use "\amp" per the manual and the "Publishing
> Org-mode files to HTML" tutorial at Worg site. Later, however, I found that the "\amp" is exported
> to "$\amp$" in LaTeX, which causes a compile error (i.e., "undefined control sequence"); it should
> be "\&" in a normal TeX/LaTeX document.
>
> I'm currently using 6.33x version of Org-mode with GNU Emacs 23.2.1 on Windows 7.
>
> Any guidance on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Guidance: Upgrade your version of org-mode.

Exporting the following subtree to HTML works for me

,----[ test.org ]
`----

,----[ test.html ]
| <h1 class="title">Export test for ampersand</h1>

| This &amp; that.
`----

My version of org-mode is Org-mode version 7.4
(release_7.4.89.g4ed00.dirty)

HTH,
Bernt