[Orgmode] Re: Page numbering in manual

From: Alan E. Davis
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Page numbering in manual
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 23:44:43 +1000

Updating this to, I hope, clarify my request.  I see that to convert to LaTeX is a chore, and don't know whether the file would be amenable to tweaks, like using the chappg LaTeX package.

Texinfo is a black box for me.  I am guessing that the best way to do this is to convert the Texinfo source into LaTeX.

 The numbering scheme I am proposing would be at a highest section, or chapter, level:

A-1; C-26 , etc.

OR

1.1
4.5
etc.

Then if one had the manual as hardcopy, in a binder, he could print out the chapter in question, and the TOC.  Maybe some manner of dictionary

Alan
"Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting. We allow them to disperse because we've been ignorant of their value."
                                                                                       --- R. Buckminster Fuller