Re: [Orgmode] Re: Sending org buffer as mail?

From: Niels Giesen
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Sending org buffer as mail?
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 21:55:19 +0100

"Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:

> Niels Giesen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> "Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Thanks, I've just pushed up a new version of org-mime which makes use of
>>> this function.

Hi Eric, thanks for implementing this.

However, I see a problem in the solution for when html-ascii is
specified as the MAIL_FMT, being that the same hook will be run for both
parts of the message. I think it better not to have a html-ascii hook
and run the html hook for the html part and the ascii hook for the ascii
part. Otherwise the ascii hook may for instance delete a =BEGIN_SRC=
line and insert cut lines not needed by html.

Same goes for html (which is in fact html-org). Although I cannot really
think of any hooks I might want to run there.

I'll take a look at the link you gave for "Org-mode block fontification"
in gnus, although that seems like a solution for the receiving side, and
most of my peers do not run gnus and org, or emacs for that matter, but
many do want to receive mail in plain text.

On the subject of encouraging so-called code blocks brought to our
attention by Samuel, encouraging this was not my intention, I should
have thought better before posting and I will never in my life post such
immoral examples anymore.

Regards,

Niels

--