[Orgmode] Re: Patch for ob-sql.el SQL output

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Patch for ob-sql.el SQL output
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 16:34:38 +0100

Hi Charles,

Charles Sebold wrote:
> I use org-mode and babel under Windows with osql, and the line separating
> the header from the rest of the rows in the output was bothering me.

Excellent initiative!

> I don't know that this is a really good fix, but maybe it's a start for one?
> It looks for the first output line of all dashes and replaces it later with
> the 'hline when the table is lisp-ified.

It does not work correctly for me (with the osql engine). Look at the
situation before/after your patch:

1. Before

   #+srcname: top-10-dossiers-with-many-presta
   #+begin_src sql
   SET NOCOUNT ON

   SELECT TOP 10 prsAbcID, COUNT(*) AS '# Presta'
   FROM presta
   GROUP BY prsAbcID
   ORDER BY COUNT(*) DESC
   #+end_src

   #+results: top-10-dossiers-with-many-presta
   |         prsAbcID |      # Presta |
   | ---------------- | ------------- |
   |   73020050900111 |            22 |
   |   52020030200047 |            21 |
   |   61020060400007 |            21 |
   |   62020031200052 |            20 |
   |   72020051100016 |            20 |
   |   73020050800025 |            20 |
   |   56020031100002 |            19 |
   |   63020060900056 |            19 |
   |   61020030900049 |            18 |
   |   72020030700040 |            18 |
   |                  |               |

   Another annoying thing is the empty line at the end. With the COUNT ON,
   there is one empty line followed by the count.

2. After

   #+results: top-10-dossiers-with-many-presta
   |         prsAbcID |      # Presta |
   | ---------------- | ------------- |
   |   73020050900111 |            22 |
   |   52020030200047 |            21 |
   |   61020060400007 |            21 |
   |   62020031200052 |            20 |
   |   72020051100016 |            20 |
   |   73020050800025 |            20 |
   |   56020031100002 |            19 |
   |   63020060900056 |            19 |
   |   61020030900049 |            18 |
   |   72020030700040 |            18 |

   The hline is not applied on the second line, but at the end of the table.
   Perhaps the good condition is to work on the second line?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban