[Orgmode] export html -> doc

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: [Orgmode] export html -> doc
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 17:42:25 +0800

I know this is an awfully tired topic, and I'll be thrilled when the odt
exporter is ready, but in the meantime exporting to HTML and then either
opening or copying/pasting into OpenOffice is not working for me, while
it does seem to be working for other people.

I'm on Ubuntu, Emacs 23.3 and yesterday's org-mode. I export to html
just fine. Then I figure I have two options: open the html directly with
OpenOffice, or copy and paste the text. Opening the html directly just
shows me an unrendered html document. Copying and pasting into
OpenOffice turns all the italics into funny little grey boxes (one on
either side of the meant-to-be-italics text), and no actual italics.

I'm translating fiction, I don't need squat in the way of formatting
besides the paragraphs getting unfilled, and italics and bold coming
through properly. Has anyone seen this happen before, and have a
potential solution?

Thanks!

Eric