Re: [Orgmode] Bug: Bad doc [7.4]

From: Dave Abrahams
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bug: Bad doc [7.4]
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 23:06:48 -0900

At Mon, 20 Dec 2010 08:40:50 +0100,
Carsten Dominik wrote:

> This is a bit tricky and not fully documented.
>
> If you have no or only only a single template defined, then
> template selection is bypassed and you do not get a chance
> to press C to get to the customization buffer.  This is to
> please John Wiegley :) who only uses a single capture template

And I'm using his template, practically unmodified :-)

> and rightfully wanted to lose the extra key press.

And I like that feature myself.

> As soon
> as you have at least 2 templates, you will get the menu and
> also the chance to press `C'.
>
> I am not quite sure what to do about it, documenting it makes
> things look more complicated as they are.

Hmm, seems to me that it would be more principled to have org-capture
take an optional argument that indicates the template index, and ask
me and John to bind our key to (lambda () (org-capture 0))

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing