Re: [Orgmode] should the mail list be splitted resp. sub-tagged ?

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] should the mail list be splitted resp. sub-tagged ?
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 10:28:48 -0700

I have to use very large fonts, and tags present a huge problem for
that.  I do, however, agree with the concept.

I would just like to propose that the tags be kept to just a few
letters.  This allows reading more of the subject line.

Another point is that if important words are in the /beginning/ of the
subject line, that increases the chance that I and others who do not
have access to the entire subject line will read your message.

Also, while this might not work for everybody's client, I do know that
in gmail, it is very easy to /add/ a tag to a list according to a
pattern.  Thus, [Orgmode] is not necessary in gmail; you just filter
on the headers and add a label "O".K (like "O").  And O is much easier
to deal with because it leaves more space for the rest of the subject.

[Orgmode] [babel] makes the subject line impossible to read in most
cases with large fonts.

Hope it helps.