[Orgmode] Re: Agenda clock reports and tag filters

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Agenda clock reports and tag filters
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 18:31:50 +0100

Hi Bernt and Carsten,

Bernt Hansen wrote:
> Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> writes:
>>>
>>> Awesome :) .. and I'm up-to-date now ... I just didn't know about the
>>> prefix for R in the agenda. :)
>>
>> :) I only mean that normally you used to see the commits as they come in
>> and you might have noticed this feature when it was implemented...
>>
>> Not that changing the filter after getting the clock report with `C-u R'
>> will not change the clock report along - this would slow down the filter
>> changes. So you need to refresh the agenda to update the clock table as
>> well.
>
> Yes I played with it yesterday and it works great! C-u R makes the clock
> report use the current filter, changing the filter and updating with 'g'
> updates the clock report using the current filter set.

As I wrote in a
[[http://mid.gmane.org/80tyjdl89g.fsf%40mundaneum.com][previous thread]],

   "I would privilege coherency of sums above small delay in table appearance.
    You know, when we look at tables for chasing time, we really need
    trustable figures.

    In fact, I don't really understand your argument: if I want quick reports,
    I would just choose for the unfiltered view. If I need detailed sums of
    clocked times, I would go for the "filtrable" view (by C-u R) and would
    accept a little delay.

    If you really don't share this vision, could you at least make this
    customizable? TIA."

I'll try to provide us with such a patch.

Now, regarding the contents of the table itself, I have a small question:
*how* can we configure the report in order *to stop showing lines* (= files)
that have *zero time*?

For example, this is what I have:

| File                 | Headline                             | Time   |      |
|----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
|                      | ALL *Total time*                     | *7:08* |      |
|----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
| GTD.org              | *File time*                          | *0:00* |      |
|----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
| House.org            | *File time*                          | *0:00* |      |
|----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
| Personal.org         | *File time*                          | *0:00* |      |
|----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
| Someday.org          | *File time*                          | *0:00* |      |
|----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
| Tickler.org          | *File time*                          | *0:00* |      |
|----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
| bucket.org           | *File time*                          | *0:00* |      |
|----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
| capture.org          | *File time*                          | *0:00* |      |
|----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
| refile.org           | *File time*                          | *0:00* |      |
|----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
| (... many others...) | *File time*                          | *0:00* |      |
|----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
| Work.org             | *File time*                          | *3:59* |      |
|                      | Habits (Clocked)                     | 3:59   |      |
|                      | \__ Email and News                   |        | 0:40 |
|                      | \__ Organization                     |        | 3:19 |
| Client.org           | *File time*                          | *3:09* |      |
|                      | Tasks                                | 3:09   |      |
|                      | \__ TODO Prepare conference (from... |        | 3:09 |

with, in this case, the info I'm looking at way below the screen...

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban