Re: [Orgmode] Synopsis view - moving trees around based on a synopsis

From: Cassio Koshikumo
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Synopsis view - moving trees around based on a synopsis
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 22:33:53 -0200

Oh, I definitely think you should keep the ellipsis if you like them;
that was only a suggestion. I'm working without them for a while and
it's really not that bad, at least for me. But the idea of using
unicode glyphs is nice. Gonna try it.

Now, an update: after playing with the function a little more, I came
to a new version. Its behavior is a bit different: it'll only show the
synopsis of VISIBLE subtrees. That's useful because now you can use
the synopsis view on a sparse tree; before, it would go to Contents
view automatically. (So, to replicate the old behavior, you just need
to go to Contents view with S-TAB before entering synopsis view).

Again, if anyone knows how to improve it, please leave a note.

(defun k-synopsis-view ()
  (interactive)
  (save-excursion
    (goto-char (point-min))
    (while (outline-next-heading)
      (when (not (org-invisible-p))
        (hide-entry)
        (let ((end (save-excursion (outline-next-heading) (point))))
          (when (re-search-forward "\\(^[ \t]*:SYNOPSIS:[. \t]*$\\)" end t)
            (org-flag-drawer nil)
            (re-search-forward "^[ \t]*:END:[ \t]*" nil t)
            (outline-flag-region (match-beginning 0) (match-end 0) t)
            ))))
    ))

--
Cássio Koshikumo