[Orgmode] Lists made stronger: lists within lists

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: [Orgmode] Lists made stronger: lists within lists
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 18:35:31 +0100

Hello,

As I had promised it here a few days ago, I just pushed a testing
branch allowing to have lists in blocks, drawers and inline tasks.
These constructs can themselves be located in lists.

Basically, lists are allowed in every block but "src", "example" and
"verse". Inline tasks will not end lists, even though they start at
column 0. Exporters should understand quite intricate situations. Here
is an example of this:

-----
* Let's stress-test lists

  - a list

    1. Sub-item with both example and quote blocks
       #+begin_example
       + here is a false list
       #+end_example

       #+begin_quote
       1. followed by a real list
       2. of two items
          1. and a sub-item

       And some other text afterwards.
       #+end_quote

    2. Sub-item with src block
       #+begin_src emacs-lisp
       (message "Am I appearing?")
       #+end_src

    3. Sub-item with a drawer
       :LOGBOOK:
       * One
         * One dot one
         * One dot two
       :END:

  - and now some centering

    #+begin_center
    1. One
    2. Two
    #+end_center

  The end.
-----

This is not a trivial patch, so it needs careful testing (and maybe
some re-factoring). The branch can be found at:

  git://github.com/ngz/org-mode-lists.git recursive-lists

I still think inline tasks shouldn't be included in lists, but for
now, let's see it as a proof of concept. I can always remove it later
if it is "too much". The same idea applies to this whole patch: if it
is not really needed, it will not reach master branch.

Regards,

-- Nicolas