[Orgmode] Re: eval: Invalid read syntax: "#"Error during redisplay: (voi

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: eval: Invalid read syntax: "#"Error during redisplay: (void-function -mode)
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 01:03:41 +0100

Hi Thomas and Nick,

Nick Dokos wrote:
> Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Thanks for looking into this. I pulled as you suggested and now get
>> consistent version strings. I'm pleased that we share a solution to that
>> inconsistency. Thanks!

Good start.

>> The other problem persists. I put the example in its own buffer and was
>> able to export the entire buffer without problem.

Idem.

>> Are you able to export a subtree? I get an error if I try to export just
>> the subtree.
>>
>> The problem appears to be related to exporting results. If I have :exports
>> code, all is well. With :exports results or :exports both, the error pops
>> up.
>>
>> Also, I followed your lead and switched off org-src-fontify-natively and
>> org-src-tabify-natively, but neither of these made the error go away.
>
> Argh - I missed the subtree part in your OP. I can reproduce the problem
> when I try to export the subtree, just as you describe.

With my same old good settings (no native fontification[1]) and the same
example I used a couple of hours ago, yes, I can reproduce your problem.

I wasn't aware you talked of subtree export (read too quickly, maybe).

So, export of whole buffer is OK. But export of subtree gives the exact same
error string as in your subject. So, we're now 3 getting the same problem.[2]

Best regards,
  Seb

Footnotes:
[1] Did not know about `org-src-tabify-natively'... Though, it does not exist
    (as variable) on my current git system!?

[2] Regarding the previous error I had (described in a previous thread), that
    was when exporting the whole buffer, as I do 99% of the time. I almost
    never use subtree export, hence my (too) optimistic first answer on your
    problem.

--
Sébastien Vauban