Re: [Orgmode] Pandoc can now do Org

From: Scot Becker
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Pandoc can now do Org
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 21:59:44 +0000

Puneeth,

Very cool!  This opens up a lot of nice importers for org-mode.

Scot

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 4:45 AM, Puneeth <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Jeff,

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 12:54 AM, Jeff Horn <address@hidden> wrote:
> Nice! I looked at pandoc once but don't remember a lot about it. How
> well does your importer handle math?

The LaTeX reader (and therefore the Orgmode writer) of pandoc does
math pretty well. You may want to try it, to see if it fits your
needs.

But some other things are broken and need to be fixed. It doesn't seem
to have table support, as of now. Also, it seems to parse some
environments incorrectly as quote environments. I didn't look at the
source, so I do not know for sure.

--
Puneeth