Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode Code Blocks Manuscript: Request For Comments

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode Code Blocks Manuscript: Request For Comments
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 12:54:51 -0700

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the feedback.

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Finally, the questions: in Sec. 4.1.3, I may be missing something
> fundamental, but I don't understand how that works at all. In
> particular, is the table formula complete as it stands?  How does it
> get the diagonals? How are these things passed to the code block? Why
> does the code block have values given to the variables? Is it correct
> as it stands, or are things missing? This is the one section where I
> was completely lost.  Could somebody explain?

Thanks for bringing this up.  I truncated the table formulas so that
they wouldn't overrun the page.  This lead to an incomplete example
which didn't work.  In the current version of the paper (up at the old
link [1]) I have expanded these formulas and split them across multiple
lines.  Although Org-mode (unfortunately) does not (yet) support
multi-line table formulas, as least all of the required information is
now present so this example should no longer be quite so mystifying.

> Thanks,
> Nick

Footnotes:
[1]  http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/org-paper/babel.pdf