Re: [Orgmode] Re: Automatically insert inactive timestamps

From: Andrew J. Korty
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Automatically insert inactive timestamps
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 12:25:40 -0500

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:

Andrew J. Korty <address@hidden> wrote:

> Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > (add-hook 'org-insert-heading-hook 'bh/insert-heading-inactive-timestamp) > > Using org-insert-heading-hook is more elegant than my way, but I only
> want timestamps on TODO entries, so I use

I think you should be able to use org-entry-get in the hook to get the
TODO property of the entry and then conditionally add the timestamp -
something like this:

   (if (equal (org-entry-get (point) "TODO") "TODO")
      add the timestamp

Iirc, the problem is that the entry doesn't yet have a todo keyword at
the time the hook is run.

ajk